In my bubble

my only fear was judgment, but why fear that, because it's inevitable... this is my bubble of struggles, love, life, hope, and dreams...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How a Christian life should look like

lets reiterate what i wrote in my last post about the fear of failure... i read "Crazy Love" this morning and it talked about how its not the fear of failure .........to succeed the things of this world, it must be for things that matter to Christ. Which is true!... why am i studying? for God, because i must do my part so that God can do his!...
in all the things that i do, i must remind myself that these fears in all situations doesnt matter if its not Christ centered, then again, what does matter if Christ isnt in the centrE? ...

another thing that struck out to me.., it also talked about how as a Christian, if you dont swim, the river will take you downstream... and how you're on an escalator doing down, but your job is to turn around, and run up! ... and YES. ppl will be staring at you, complaining, you would be catching alot of negative attention.. it's only normal. Ppl will try to scold you to go the other way, and more... this is an analogy of how the Christian life is.. its utterly normal to be looked at, as different,...
you should be scared if you are just like all the others. really... how can you be light? There are so many verses in the bible that holds true these words of being different, so its undeniable, its more so understandable! ~

examples:

the word Sanctified itself :
Wikipedia defines it as
"The word sanctification (see -ification) refers to the act or process of making holy or setting apart (as special) and occurs five times in the Authorized Version of the New Testament (1 Corinthians 1:30, 1 Thessalonians 4:3,4, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, 1 Peter 1:2) translated from the Greek word αγιασμος (hagiasmos) "purification,"[1] which is from the root hagios (άγιος) which means holy or sacred.[2] The thing or process which is sanctified can be called a Sacrament."

To sanctify is literally “to set apart for special use or purpose,” figuratively “to make holy or sacred,” and etymologically from the Latin verb sanctificare which in turn is from sanctus “holy” and facere “to make.”

John 17:14-22

14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one"

2 Corinthians 6:17

17 Therefore, come out from among unbelievers,
and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord.
Don’t touch their filthy things,
and I will welcome you.

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Romans 12:2 "Do not be confirmed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may know the good, acceptable and perfect will of God."

__________________________
on another note. one of my favourite songs just popped up on my playlist... press
I Can Only Imagine :) played it for hrs on replay, helped me study.

No comments:

Post a Comment